St-Laurent Academy Athletics & Clubs
St-Laurent Academy offers an enriched DAILY Physical Education curriculum for all of our students. We believe that physical activity benefits mind, body and spirit, and hope to inspire our students to make physical activity a part of their daily routine.
- Taught by a Phys Ed Specialist , our Kindergarten – Grade 8 students have PhysEd every day, and focus on skill development for team sports including soccer, ringette and basketball, and personal fitness activities including gymnastics, yoga and Tae-Kwon Do.
- Four days per week classes are held in our full-size gymnasium or outside in our soccer field, where students are mastering skills necessary for a number of traditional sports including: basketball, soccer, badminton, volleyball, lacrosse and floor hockey, as well as pursuing personal fitness activities including Yoga and Tae-Kwon Do.
- Students are also offered 1 session weekly offsite at the St-Laurent Complex or The Ottawa Athletic Club, which can include activities such as swimming, skating, squash, golf, tennis, aerobics, circuit training, and spinning
- Special activities including ski/snowboard days, the Pumpkin Cross Country Run, and an annual Soccer Jamboree are also enjoyed by our students.
- Healthy Living and Nutrition are also covered in PhysEd.
- Our membership in the Ottawa Independent Schools Athletic Association, offers students a number of larger competitive and smaller friendly tournaments throughout the school year.
Clubs & Extracurricular Activities
Clubs are offered over breaks and afterschool. Clubs are created based on student interest and are lead by our teachers and parent volunteers.
- Biodiversity Club
- Drama Club
- Me To We Club
- Rock Band
- Jazz Choir
- Girls Club
- Boys Club
- Games Club
- Yoga Club
- Running Club