St-Laurent Academy prides itself on ensuring all students receive a strong and enriching experience whether at school or online. We are confident the school will be opened in September and have started planning our year accordingly. St-Laurent Academy is prepared for all scenarios while strictly adhering to the Ministry of Education guidelines. As we meet the current Covid-19 Ministry of Education guidelines of 15 students per classroom, our students are able to attend school full-time this Fall.
St-Laurent Academy’s return to school plan: Please click on this link to access our Covid-19 Policy and Procedures video.
- To meet the recommended guidelines and safety protocols from the Ministry of Education, Ottawa Public Health and the ongoing provincial recommendations.
- Provide our families with a detailed Health and Safety plan prior to the return to school. This plan will include daily screening checks, staggered start times, minimizing student transitions, respecting social distancing practices, cleaning and sanitizing protocols, what to do if there is a suspected case for staff and students, additional maintenance staff on site.
- Maintaining student cohorts at 15 and establishing a structured student schedule to reduce transitions and support students and core teachers from mixing of together.
- Provide our students will full-time learning at school.
- In addition to full-time at school learning, we will be offering an online platform as an option to all families.
- Families will also have the option of choose both at school and online learning platforms.
Health & Safety Committee: Ms. Andrea Crupi & Ms. Colleen Long
Registered Nurse: Mrs. Pamela Wrobel
On Site Registered Nurse:
St-Laurent Academy has a full time Registered Nurse on staff to assist with screening and the management of suspected cases. The nurse will also be working with our staff and children on a regular basis to ensure education on health and safety related topics, proper hand hygiene, proper use of personal protective equipment and assisting with any questions students, staff or families may have.
The nurse will also be supporting our staff, children and parents with mental health and reducing stress and anxiety at this time. The nurse will be available for 1-1 consultation with staff and students on an ongoing basis, as well as being part of the school’s “Health & Safety Committee”
The Nurse (or any individual assisting in formal screening) will take appropriate precautions including maintaining a distance of at least 2 metres (6 feet) from those being screened, or being separated by a physical barrier (such as a plexiglass barrier), and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) (i.e., surgical/procedure mask; gown; gloves; eye protection (goggles or face shield).
Please rest assured that throughout this challenging time, St-Laurent Academy has made it a priority to ensure the students continued their academic studies online, while still meeting curriculum expectations. Our High School students received live instruction daily for all course subjects and Elementary students continued daily instruction in Math, English, and Social Studies. In the event that the school is mandated to close, we are fully prepared to transition and offer online school.
For more information on St-Laurent Academy, please click on this link to view our Admissions video.