St-Laurent Academy prides itself on ensuring all students receive a strong and enriching experience whether at school or online. St-Laurent Academy confidently opened the school this September and continues to plan our year according to Health and Safety guidelines. Our St-Laurent Academy community is built of strong students, daycare educators and teachers, who know the true meaning of perseverance, dedication and discipline.
St-Laurent Academy is prepared for all scenarios while strictly adhering to the Ministry of Education guidelines. As we meet the current Covid-19 Ministry of Education guidelines of 15 students per classroom, our students were able to attend school full-time this Fall.
As announced on Monday, January 11th by Premier Doug Ford, Ontario has now moved into a State of Emergency for the next 28 days and has put in place a Stay at Home Order. Please rest assured this does not have an impact on our online platform and our St-Laurent Academy students from Kindergarten – Grade 12 will continue their learning remotely in order to continue meeting curriculum expectations. Our Daycare remains open throughout this time.
St-Laurent Academy’s Covid-19 school plan: Please click on this link to access our Covid-19 Policy and Procedures video.
- To meet the recommended guidelines and safety protocols from the Ministry of Education, Ottawa Public Health and the ongoing provincial recommendations.
- Provide our families with a detailed Health and Safety plan. This plan will include daily screening checks, staggered start times, minimizing student transitions, respecting social distancing practices, cleaning and sanitizing protocols, what to do if there is a suspected case for staff and students, additional maintenance staff on site.
- Maintaining student cohorts at 15 and establishing a structured student schedule to reduce transitions and support students and core teachers from mixing of together.
- Provide our students will full-time learning at school.
- In addition to full-time at school learning, we will be offering an online platform as an option to all families.
- Families will also have the option of choosing both at school and online learning platforms.
Health & Safety Committee: Ms. Andrea Crupi & Ms. Colleen Long
Registered Nurse: Mrs. Pamela Wrobel
On-Site Registered Nurse:
St-Laurent Academy has a full-time Registered Nurse on staff to assist with screening and the management of suspected cases. The nurse will also be working with our staff and children on a regular basis to ensure education on health and safety-related topics, proper hand hygiene, proper use of personal protective equipment and assisting with any questions students, staff or families may have.
The nurse will also be supporting our staff, children and parents with mental health and reducing stress and anxiety at this time. The nurse will be available for 1-1 consultation with staff and students on an ongoing basis, as well as being part of the school’s “Health & Safety Committee”.
The Nurse (or any individual assisting in formal screening) will take appropriate precautions including maintaining a distance of at least 2 metres (6 feet) from those being screened or being separated by a physical barrier (such as a plexiglass barrier), and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) (i.e., surgical/procedure mask; gown; gloves; eye protection (goggles or face shield).
Please rest assured that throughout this challenging time, St-Laurent Academy has made it a priority to ensure the students continued their academic studies online, while still meeting curriculum expectations. Our High School students received live instruction daily for all course subjects and Elementary students continued daily instruction in Math, English, and Social Studies. In the event that the school is mandated to close, we are fully prepared to transition and offer online school.
For more information on St-Laurent Academy, please click on this link to view our Admissions video.